Apply for the 2018 BIG Nigerian Growth and Employment (GEM) Project Grant!
The Nigerian Growth and Employment (GEM) Project aimed at developing businesses in Nigeria was put into effect by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment (FMITI) and assisted by the World Bank.
The GEM Project goal is to help businesses grow as well as increase employment in the selected participating firms in Nigeria. It began in July 2013, and will conclude in September 2018. The project focuses on specific sectors such as entertainment, ICT, tourism and hospitality, light manufacturing (and agro-processing industries) and construction.
GEM offers support in several windows, rounds and phases and is scheduled to run till September 2018. The process is a competitive and inclusive one with the objective of significant job creation through high performing MSMEs.
It has registered over 65,000 MSMEs through the BIG Portal and currently supported over 2,500 MSMEs across the country with Technical Assistances and Grants ranging from two to ten million Naira. Additionally, GEM issues “Calls for Proposals” with larger giants for innovative MSMEs that are creating systemic interventions that will lead to large scale employment.
Access to the Nigerian Growth and Employment (GEM) Project support is gotten through the Business, Innovation and Growth BIG Platform Portal which was officially launched on February 09, 2016.
This is to inform the general public that the BIG Portal has been re-opened for eligible MSMEs seeking technical support and some grants.
AD: Make over N200k Monthly from E-commerce Affiliate Business. See How
For more questions about this business grant by GEM, you can reach the GEM Project by email on email@example.com or via the support lines on 09082354317 or 09084145219.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NIGERIAN GROWTH AND EMPLOYMENT (GEM) PROJECT GRANT
- All interested applicants are required to Log on to the Business Innovation and Growth (BIG) Portal.
- Click on the Apply button
- Fill the provided registration form
- Check your email for the activation link, click to activate
- Change your login details
- Save and submit once completed
- Finally, check your email address for a confirmation mail
In the interest of transparency:
- All applications must be duly completed and submitted via the BIG Portal only.
- Section and vetting is done by independent world class accounting firms only.
- All grants go directly to grantees and not through third parties
The submission deadline will be January 31, 2018 at mid-night Nigerian Time (GMT+1 hour). Any aplication received after this date shall not be processed
LET'S HELP YOU GET STARTED THIS VALENTINE
- Are you planning on starting a NEW Business? PRE-ORDER A FEASIBILTY STUDY
- Are you trying to secure a loan or convince an investor? PRE-ORDER BUSINESS PLAN
- Do you need a business Website/Blog to enable you reach more customers GET QUOTES
- Are you looking to outsource your Social Media marketing to experts? GET QUOTES
- Need Automated Business Management Sheets like Cash Books, Profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheets, Sales Forecasts, HR/Salary Sheets PRE-ORDER BUSINESS SHEETS